Create a Survey
This article provides instructors with step-by-step instructions describing how to create a Survey, how to create a link to your survey in the Content section of your course, and how to view the results of the survey via Statistics.. IMPORTANT: This documentation does not explain how to create different types of survey questions, only how to construct a survey.
To create a survey:
1. Within your course, click Activities > Survey.
2. Click the blue New Survey button.
3. Enter a Name and choose the settings for your survey. NOTE: If you make your results anonymous, you will not be able to change your mind after hitting Save.
4. To add questions directly to your survey, click Add/Edit Questions.
5. Choose different question types from the New drop-down button. (Many of the question types are similar to questions available in a Brightspace quiz; however, Likert-type questions are available in Surveys as well).
6. Once you’ve added your survey questions, click Done Editing Questions.
7. Click Save.
Adding a Survey to a Content Module
1. Click Content on the navbar.
2. Click on the module in which you would like to place the Survey (ex. Week 1 Module).
3. Click Existing Activities.
4. From the drop down menu, select Surveys; choose the Survey you would like to add.
Viewing Results via Statistics
Based on how you have set up the survey properties, you might see a list of all users or just the overall survey results with anonymous responses.
1. Click Activities > Surveys.
2. On the Manage Surveys page, click on the chevron to the right of the survey whose results you wish to view; from the drop down menu, select Statistics.
3. To view a specific user’s results, click on an individual attempt. To view the number of attempts per question within a survey, click View Overall Results at the bottom of the page.
4. If you chose to make your survey Anonymous, this page should show the Overall Results by default.
Need to contact us for support?