DLE Weekly Update: New “No Reply Brightspace” Email Address and Resources for Combined/Merged Courses
Posted on Friday, January 15th, 2021
Only ONE Email Address used by All Brightspace Tools
We are happy to announce that we have now implemented a new email address (No Reply Brightspace <NoReply_Brightspace@algonquincollege.com>) used by ALL Brightspace tools that need to use an email address. The two email addresses that we are replacing are firstname.lastname@example.org (used by Intelligent Agents and Assignments Submission receipts) and email@example.com (used when announcements and other notifications are being sent as emails). These two email addresses that we are replacing are owned by D2L and, if by mistake a user would have replied to these emails, no automatic reply was being received. This fact was creating some confusion among those users who were expecting an answer, falsely believing that their emails were being sent to the teachers or to Brightspace Support.
With the new email address that the DLE team is NOW able to monitor, there is an auto reply provided immediately, with feedback and links to resources that will help you either answer your questions or direct you to the right mailbox.
Note: We are encouraging you to check your Outlook address book and remove the old email addresses from the list of saved contacts.
Resources for Combined/Merged courses in Brightspace
We have put together a list of articles related to combined/merged courses, as many of you are using this type of courses for the first time this semester:
- If you are teaching multiple sections of the same course and are spending lots of time loading the same content to all your sections, please know that you have the option to combine or merge the sections.
Note that in addition to combining/merging regular courses, it is possible to have all students from multiple program levels enrolled in one AllLevels program homeroom.
- Posting Announcements to Specific Sections in a Combined/Merged Course is possible. By doing this, you will limit the number of announcements that don’t apply to all your course sections and avoid creating confusion among students.
- When needing to restrict the course content to specific sections, you will have to use the release conditions outlined in the Distributing and Restricting Content to Specific Sections in a Combined/Merged Course article.
- When scheduling Zoom meetings from Tools/Zoom Classroom, you would want to avoid having all the events showing up in all your students’ calendars. Learn how to Restrict a Zoom Calendar Event to a Specific Course Section.
- If you would like to send an email or view the grades only for a specific section, Brightspace allows you to Sort the Classlist and Grades by Section.
- The most common question is about the possibility of having the same assignment or quiz available to different sections at different dates/times. You can accomplish this by using the Special Access options and setting up different start/end/due dates for different sections. These two KB articles show you How to Provide Special Sccess to a Quiz and How to Create Special Access for Assignments.
Need to contact us for support?
Does this article need to be updated or corrected?
If you find this article does not provide correct information, or needs updating, Let us know!