DLE Weekly Update: Resources for Combined/Merged Courses
Posted on Friday, January 14th, 2022
Common Question this Week: How to remove a course from my Brightspace account?
- Option 1: If you also see this course on your list of courses in ACSIS, first you need to talk to your department and make sure you have not been assigned by mistake to that course in Genesis. Then you can remove yourself from the course, using the Classlist option, from the Tools menu. Click on the checkbox beside your name and choose Unenrol.
- Option 2: If you have been added by another fellow instructor, just remove yourself from that course. No need to email our LMS support.
Resources for Combined/Merged Courses in Brightspace
We have put together a list of articles related to combined/merged courses, as many of you are using this type of courses for the first time this semester:
- If you are teaching multiple sections of the same course and are spending lots of time loading the same content to all your sections, please know that you have the option to combine or merge the sections.
Note that in addition to combining/merging regular courses, it is possible to have all students from multiple program levels enrolled in one AllLevels program homeroom.
- Posting Announcements to Specific Sections in a Combined/Merged Course is possible. By doing this, you will limit the number of announcements that don’t apply to all your course sections and avoid creating confusion among students.
- When needing to restrict the course content to specific sections, you will have to use the release conditions outlined in the Distributing and Restricting Content to Specific Sections in a Combined/Merged Course article.
- When scheduling Zoom meetings from Tools/Zoom Classroom, you would want to avoid having all the events showing up in all your students’ calendars. Learn how to Restrict a Zoom Calendar Event to a Specific Course Section.
- If you would like to send an email or view the grades only for a specific section, Brightspace allows you to Sort the Classlist and Grades by Section.
- The most common question is about the possibility of having the same assignment or quiz available to different sections at different dates/times. You can accomplish this by using the Special Access options in a Quiz and Special Access options in an Assignment and setting up different start/end/due dates for different
- If you need to set up Same Zoom Meeting for Students in Multiple Brightspace Courses.
Need to contact us for support?
Does this article need to be updated or corrected?
If you find this article does not provide correct information or needs updating, Let us know!