How to Add Bonus Marks to a Discussion Topic
This article provides step-by-step instructions for instructors to create bonus marks in a discussion topic. Ensure you have created an item in Grades with bonus marks before adding bonus marks to a discussion topic. You are unable to associate a bonus item to a discussion forum. The bonus item in Grades should display a yellow star beside the discussion name.
1. Select Activities > Discussions from the Navbar.
2. Select the New button and create a New Forum from the drop down.
3. Enter a forum title and details.
4. Press the Save and Close button.
5. Select the New button and create a New Topic from the drop down.
6. Under the Properties tab, choose a forum to add the topic under.
7. Enter a topic title and details. Complete the details under the Restrictions tab.
8. Under the Assessment tab, select the Grade Item from the drop down item that has bonus marks already associated with it.
9. Complete the remainder of the discussion topic set up options. Select the Save and Close button.
Need to contact us for support?
Does this article need to be updated or corrected?
If you find this article does not provide correct information, or needs updating, Let us know!