How to Edit a Zoom Recording
These step-by-step instructions provide instructors with the process to trim the beginning and/or the ending of Zoom recordings saved to the cloud. When removing a portion of the beginning and/or ending of the Zoom recording, viewers will be able to watch the recording only within the set playback range through the shared link. The original recording will not be affected.
1. Sign in to Zoom.us using your email and password.
2. Select Recordings on the left bar.
3. Select the appropriate meeting title under the Topic list. Change the dates to display previous recordings not on the list.
4. Press the Play icon in the center of the recording image.
5. Press the Scissors icon on the bottom right of the screen, when the video displays.
6. Select the play arrows on the beginning and/or ending of the recording to the desired start and finish times. Press the Save button.
7. Return to the main Zoom screen. Select the Copy shareable link button. Provide this link to students through Brightspace.
Need to contact us for support?
Does this article need to be updated or corrected?
If you find this article does not provide correct information, or needs updating, Let us know!