Printing a Quiz or a Quiz Key
Currently, There is no built-in way to print a quiz or a pool of questions within Brightspace. The easiest way to print a quiz that has been created in Brightspace is to print a submission view of the quiz. A “Submission View” is the page that displays after the Submit Quiz button is selected when taking or previewing a quiz. Among other things, the Submission View can display none or all quiz questions, the user responses, and the correct responses to the questions if desired. For the purpose of simply printing the quiz, we will set the view to show all questions without user responses.
Create the Submission View
1. Log in to Brightspace and open your course.
2. Select Activities from the navigation bar, then click Quizzes.
3. Select the quiz title to Edit Quiz.
4. Select the Submission Views tab.
5. Select to Edit View by clicking on the Default View link.
6. Scroll down to change the View Details
7. Under the “Show Questions?” section select Yes.
8. Select Show all questions without user responses.
9. Unselect all other options.
10. Select Save.
Print the questions from the Submission View
1. Select to Actions button for the quiz (small down-pointing arrow beside the name of the quiz) and select Preview.
2. Select Start Quiz!.
3. Select OK when the confirmation message is displayed.
4. Select the Go To Submit Quiz button.
5. Select Submit Quiz and select OK to confirm.
6. Click to the left of the wording Question 1.
7. Use the vertical scroll bar to scroll down to the bottom of the page until you can see the end of the text for the last question in the Quiz. Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard. Point to and click to the right of the end of the text for the last question while still holding down the shift key on the keyboard.
8. Copy the selected text. You may use whatever method you are comfortable with, use CTRL+C on the keyboard or right-click on the selected text and select Copy.
9. Open Microsoft Word.
10. Paste the copied text into Microsoft Word. You may use whatever method you are comfortable with, use CTRL+V on the keyboard or select the Paste button from the toolbar.
11. Format as desired. Save, print, or send the electronic copy.
Note:Once this is complete, remember to go back and change your submission views settings. Otherwise, students see (and have access to) all the questions when they submit their quiz: To change this back to the original settings, go back into Edit Quiz and click Submission Views. Clicked for the Default submission view (set above) and under “Show Questions?” change the Yes to No. Save changes.
Note: There is no workaround to print the complete pool of questions. If this is a need you have, please consider creating a submission on the Product Idea Exchange (PIE) page.
Need to contact us for support?