The Export/Import Process for Turnitin Quickmarks sets
A QuickMark set is a set of commonly used marking terms that you can use to help you mark assignments. Turnitin provide us with a few default marking sets (e.g. Commonly used, Formatting or Composition marks). In some cases, these sets are sufficient when marking, but in some situations you need to have your personalized sets.
It is useful to know that you have the option to save on your computer a copy of your QuickMarks sets you manually created in the Turnitin Feedback Studio, and this article demonstrates how to export this content from within Brightspace and import it back into Brightspace, without the need to login to the Turnitin website.
Steps to Export (download) a QuickMark Set
1. Navigate to one of your courses where you have an existing Turnitin Assignment with student submissions.
2. Go to Activities/Assignments and click on the chevron beside the name of the assignment. Choose View Submissions.
3. Click on the View Originality Report for one student submission. This will launch the Feedback Studio.
4. Click on the QuickMarks checkbox that will give you access to all of the default QuickMarks sets AND the ones you manually created.
5. Click on Manage QuickMarks icon. Within the QuickMark Manager, you can download QuickMark sets for the purpose of storing them or to distribute to other instructors.
6. In the QuickMark manager pop-up window, use the menu icon in the top left corner to select the QuickMark set that you would like to download.
7. Click on the menu icon again.
8. Select the Download Set option. The QuickMark set will download to your device as a .qms file.
- If you have more than one QuickMark set, repeat the steps 6, 7 and 8 for each set.
Steps to Import (upload) a QuickMark Set
When you are ready to mark an assignment using a Turnitin QuickMark created by you and saved on your computer, follow the steps below in order to upload the set to the Turnitin Feedback Studio:
1. Follow the step 1 to step 5 from the export (download) process above.
2. Click the menu icon in the top, left-hand corner of the QuickMark Manager and select Upload Set.
3. Drag and drop your .qms file (s). Note that you can upload more than one QuickMarks set at the same time.
4. If the set was successfully imported, you will see a green check mark.
5. Click Close to go back to the QuickMark Manager.
6. Now you are ready to use your QuickMark Set(s).
Need to contact us for support?
Does this article need to be updated or corrected?
If you find this article does not provide correct information, or needs updating, Let us know!